The following words and phrases have these meanings in this document:
- ‘POPI’ means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- ‘Personal Information’ is as defined in POPI.
- ‘Process’ in relation to Personal Information means to collect, organise, store, modify, retrieve, refer to, distribute, or erase, or otherwise as defined in POPI.
- ‘Us’, ‘we’, or ‘our’ means the South African Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (SAAAD), a Section 21 company incorporated in terms of the company laws of the Republic of South Africa with registration number 2010/004687/08.
- ‘Site’ means Internet World Wide website at URL www.saaad.co.za.
- ‘You’ or the ‘User’ means any person who accesses this Site for any purpose.
Status and Amendments
Collection and Processing of Personal Information
- Where you submit Personal Information via the Site the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
- We will only collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- We will only Process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal Information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected unless you have consented to an alternative purpose in writing or we are permitted by POPI or in terms of national legislation of general application.
- We will not disclose any Personal Information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained or we are required to do so by law. In this regard, your attention is drawn to the website Terms and Conditions.
- We will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by us for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- Note that, as permitted by POPI, we may use Personal Information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Collection of anonymous data
- We may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this Site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows us to collect statistics.
- We may utilise temporary or session cookies (a cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive) to keep track of users' browsing habits. This allows us to track your use of this Site as well as your visits to other websites. Other websites may also use these cookies to track your browsing habits.
- Cookies by themselves will not be used to personally identify users but we may use them to compile de-identified statistics relating to the use of services offered or to provide us with feedback on the performance of this Site.
- The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies:
- The browser software used;
- IP address;
- Date and time of activities while visiting the Site;
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
- Referral websites, search engines and the like.
- If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customise your interaction with this Site it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this Site may not be available.
We will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures as required by the applicable law to protect the information submitted to or collected by this Site from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Links to other Websites