Sponsored by IVOCLAR VIVADENT and IVODENT
AIM OF COMPETITION
- Creating a controlled, regulated learning opportunity for all SAAAD members
- Creating opportunity for SAAAD members to interact constructively on a social media platform
- Showcasing the high standard of clinical ability possessed by SAAAD members utilising Modern Aesthetic Dentistry protocols towards case treatments
- Having FUN!
FORMAT OF COMPETITION
Competition will consist of 2 parts:
- PART 1 : Simple “Like” and “Share” of the public SAAAD Facebook Page
- PART 2: Clinical case study presentation on the secure members-only SAAAD Members Facebook Group
3 X R5000 vouchers to redeem at IVODENT
1 Month period from official start of competition
- Members will have to “like” and “share” the SAAAD public page and join the SAAAD Members members-only Facebook Group (Note that a single “like” and “share” is all thats required to enter Part 1 of the competition).
- After the 30 day period has expired, 3 members that have successfully liked and shared the SAAAD members public page and successfully joined the SAAAD members page will be randomly picked by SAAAD panel to be eligible to win one of the 3 X R5000 vouchers from IVODENT.
- Winners of Part 1 will be notified by email and will be announced on the Public and Members-only Facebook platforms.
The winner of the clinical competition will be hosted by Ivodent and Ivoclar on a trip to Switzerland!
The Prize includes:
- 1 return economy ticket to Zurich Switzerland (max value R15 000)
- Transport from Zurich airport to Schaan, Lichtenstein
- 3 nights accommodation
- Course costs
All other costs are for the winner's own account.
Clinical cases can be submitted up to 2 weeks of The SAAAD Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Members will submit clinical cases and photo documentation on the Members only Group which will be reviewed and regulated by the SAAAD panel before the case is visible on the group.
- Cases will then be visible on the members only group for review by members of the page.
- Members of the group is then encouraged to like and comment on the cases.
- The cases with the most likes on the members group will then become eligible for the main prize.
- The 3 cases with the most likes will be pointed out 2 weeks prior to the AGM once entry to the competition expires.
- The 3 finalists will be announced on the Facebook public and members only pages as well as notified by email.
- The 3 top cases will be reviewed by Independent international expert(s).
- The winner will be selected by the International expert(s).
- The winner will be announced at the SAAAD AGM.
- The winner will be announced on the public and members only Facebook page and group.
- Arrangements for redemption of the main prize will then be handled by the team of Ivodent and Ivoclar.
CLINICAL CASE SUBMISSION FORMAT AND REQUIREMENTS
- Short description and history of case must be added.
- Photo documentation should consist of at least 5 photos documenting the case.
- The photos should be supporting the case, therefore at least a before and after, more than 5 photos are welcome if needed to document the case.
- These photos can be digital photographs or x-rays.
- Please note that the more photos used to document the better idea the audience will have of the details to the case.
- The digital photos can be from smartphones or DSLR.
- All photos should be converted to .pdf or .jpeg to be able to load more comfortably onto Facebook platforms.
- Members must load the cases on the Members page themselves. These cases will have to be reviewed and approved by the SAAAD panel before it will appear on the page.
- In the event of any member struggling to upload a case to Facebook, the SAAAD panel can be contacted in order to assist.
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
Although the cases will be submitted into a closed group it remains a public platform. Therefore all clinicians posting cases will have the responsibility to collect the necessary informed consent form the patient to place the photos on this platform, especially as the cases are possibly cross shared on the public Facebook page. (Consent will be required from each of the clinicians to allow SAAAD to share a case from the closed group to the Public SAAAD page.)
SAAAD WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DISPUTE ARISING FROM SHARED CASES WITHOUT NECESSARY CONSENT OBTAINED BY CLINICIAN FROM PATIENT.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This clinical case competition is intended to be a positive learning experience for the SAAAD members, negative degrading comments will not be tolerated at any time.
- Comments and questions are encouraged and should be positive and helpful.
- The competition is for paid up SAAAD members only.
- The 3 initial voucher prizes will be picked randomly by the SAAAD panel.
- The main prize will be judged by an independent international expert and the experts decision will be final and not open for review.
- It is the responsibility of the posting member to obtain all necessary consent from patient to able to post cases on a public social media platform. (Note that it would be in order to obtain only consent for the closed group and will be honoured by SAAAD panel).
- None of the SAAAD exco is eligible for any prizes and are not allowed to enter the competition.
- The prizes and its distribution will be handled and controlled by the IVODENT team.
- Clinical cases can be representative of any dental discipline forming part of Aesthetic dentistry.