Every member of the South African Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry (SAAAD) is required to subscribe to the HPCSA (or similar authority) Code of Professional Conduct and the SAAAD Contitution. The membership application and/or event registration is made in your personal capacity and not that of your employer. You are personally responsible for ensuring payment of any and all monies due to SAAAD.
Terms and Conditions of Membership
On the receipt of a membership application / membership renewal by the SAAAD Secretariat it is taken as confirmation that you have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions of Membership and hereby acknowledge that you have familiarised yourself with the current Terms and Conditions, which will be displayed on our website
Once a membership application has been processed, a proforma invoice is issued and you are legally obliged to pay the membership fee, upon which a tax invoice will be issued. SAAAD has the legal right, as well as an obligation to its members in good standing to take any and all steps to recover outstanding fees.
Practice. Laboratory, Company, contact and any other details as provided by the members are held on a central database and are deemed as being true and correct.
In terms of Chapter 3 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, in visiting the Institutes website and/or communicating with the Institute by electronic means, you as an applicant and/or member acknowledges that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communication sent by SAAAD satisfy any legal requirement including and not limited to the requirement that such communication should be in writing.
For access and usage to the ‘Membership Zone’ on the website, the member must keep their password confidential once issued via the website domain, and in the event that the member has compromised such information, SAAAD shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the member in any way whatsoever.
The SAAAD website will be the definitive source for updated information and all intellectual property is owned by or licensed to SAAAD, and may not be used without our prior written consent. The SAAAD website may provide links to other websites, as a convenience to members; however SAAAD is not responsible for the content of any linked site and the inclusion of any link on the SAAAD site and does not imply endorsement by SAAAD of any other websites or their products or services.
Terms and Conditions of membership may be revised from time to time and such updates will be posted to the website. Therefore each time the member renews their Membership, the version of the Terms and Conditions current at that time will apply.
Payment Terms and Outstanding Fees
- Payment terms are strictly C.O.D. and no exceptions will be considered.
- Applicants and Members are advised that they are personally responsible for outstanding fees.
- The registration fee is due and payable on presentation of the proforma invoice.
- Any registration fees still outstanding after 90 days will result in the membership application being deleted from the database or the application for membership being not taken up and cancelled.
- Delegates are personally responsible for course, conference and workshop fees.
- Delegates who have not paid for conferences, courses, forums, seminars, workshops, etc will not be allowed to attend unless payment is received before commencement of the event.
- Cancellation fees will apply for events. Refunds for events / seminars will be strictly according to the terms and conditions of that event.
- No refund will be made on membership cancellations or resignation of member.
- Rates are inclusive of VAT, which is payable on all services directed from South Africa.
Membership Application and Renewal
- The option for an IJED Subscription (4 Volumes per annum) must be exercised by 1 December of each year to ensure delivery for the following calendar year from January to December.
- The membership fees are payable for new applications based on the month of joining i.e. September to last day of May the full twelve (12) month member fee is payable. Applications for new membership received from first day of June to last day of August pay half (½) of the annual fee.
- SAAAD membership is annual, renewing on 1 September of each year for the following 12 months.
- al membership fees become due and payable on 1 September of each year. Membership of SAAAD is renewable on an annual basis.
- The Applicant / Member consents to SAAAD carrying out education history checks as and when required.
- The Applicant / Member consents to SAAAD carrying out employment reference checks as and when required.
- It shall be the Member’s responsibility to update their information and inform SAAAD, in writing, of any changes such as a change of address, telephone numbers, etc.
- Membership fees are revised annually and are published on the website and will be communicated to members in writing.
- Members are given a total of three (3) months to renew their membership from the last day in August i.e. membership will lapse on the last day of November in the year of renewal.
- If the membership has not been renewed by the indicated expiry date the membership automatically expires and the member is then recorded as a cancelled member.
- Members whose membership has lapsed and who wish to reinstate their membership will be required to pay the full annual membership fee applicable at that time as well as a once-off re-registration fee for reinstating their membership and directory listings. This fee will amount to an additional 25% of the current Membership fee at the time.
- The renewal process is detailed in all of the notifications sent out.
- A member may not cede, delegate or otherwise transfer any rights or obligations arising from these Terms and Conditions without our prior approval, which approval will be given at SAAAD’s sole discretion.
Cancellation of Memberships
- Cancellation of membership will only be accepted in writing.
- Non-payment of an invoice will NOT be accepted as a cancellation of a membership application.
- You acknowledge that membership of SAAAD is on an individual basis only and as such you are personally responsible for ensuring the payment of all monies due to SAAAD and will be held personally liable for non-payment of any and all invoices issued in your name.
- Membership is not transferable.
- On termination of membership the awarded membership benefits lapse in line with cancellation date and the member must cease use of the SAAAD logo and certification.